About Sysnet Global Solutions
Established in 1989, Sysnet Global Solutions provides payment card industry compliance services, specialising in compliance validation, and merchant engagement and retention solutions. Sysnet offers a range of services, including its award-winning, proprietary, compliance management and merchant intelligence solution Sysnet.airTM, to a wide variety of businesses including acquirers, ISOs, international banks, payment service providers and merchants. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Sysnet, has offices in the London, Atlanta, Cape Town, Poland and Hyderabad and clients in more than 60 countries worldwide.
We have an immediate vacancy within our Poland office for a full time Cyber Security Analyst.
People and Culture
At the core of Sysnet are its people and our employees are the driving force of the business. Sysnet is passionate about hiring and developing driven individuals and giving them, long-term careers and opportunities. The company hires more than anything on cultural fit and potential to grow within the business. It is a fast-moving business – this means our people must be adaptable, quick thinking and focused on results. To succeed in Sysnet you will be smart, down to earth and open to change.
• Assist with vulnerability management, endpoint security, and hardening of systems and network devices
• Identify, triage, and categorize security events and incidents
• Perform preliminary and in-depth investigations as needed to determine root cause
• Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (e.g., individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and Intrusion Detection System [IDS] logs)
• Assist with the management of security Incidents
• Assist with containment and eradication of threats in the environment during or after an incident
• Make mitigation recommendations to lower future risk
• Contribute to documentation needs such as processes, procedures and reports
• Collaborate with other teams on cyber security and business needs
• Support regulatory examinations and internal audits as needed
• Provide support and other security services where required to the wider information security and testing services teams
• A Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, computer science, or another closely related IT discipline.
• 0-2+ years’ experience in a similar Information security/cyber security analysis role
• Familiarity with various network and host-based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host-based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages.
• One or more entry level certifications required such as: Security+, GSEC, Network+, SSCP; higher level certifications are desired.
• Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills in English
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking and network protocols.
• Real-time network monitoring using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) (Hands on experience of Log360 highly desirable)
• Some experience with raw packet analysis (PCAP)
• Broad knowledge of security appliances (Intrusion Detection System, Intrusion Prevention System, Firewalls, Proxies, etc.) to include how the devices work and associated limitations.
• Experience using a broad variety of network defence/monitoring tools in the context of an analyst
• Experience analysing and correlating information from multiple sources to determine the source and nature of an event
• Experience with event escalation
• Computer Intrusion methodology, and intrusion analysis/investigation methodology
Experience creating reports from large amounts of data
• Comfortable in configuration and support of Windows, Unix/Linux, ESXi, firewalls and switch infrastructure
• Candidates must be able to travel wordwide if required;